Mother's Day is right around the corner!
I thought it would be fun to share some gift ideas, so here are five things I think would make lovely, thoughtful, and all around enjoyable gifts for the mama in your life. Aaaand if you're a mama, you can also definitely drop your loved ones some subtle hints for these goodies...
1) Elle Lane Designs personalized bar necklace- I came across these necklaces on Instagram and really loved the concept. I don't wear a ton of jewelry, I'll be honest. But when I do, I usually stick with very simple designs, and I love wearing jewelry with meaning behind it. These necklaces are a beautiful combination of both these qualities. They're just a single gold bar that you can have hand-stamped with a name or a date or a phrase that's meaningful to you. I chose the skinny bar necklace and chose to have it say, "It is well."
I debated having my daughter's names or birthdays on it, but in the end, I chose this because it's a line from one of my favorite hymns and because it is a truth that I try to lean on in life and specifically in motherhood. No matter how hard a day is or how tiring or how joyful, because of Jesus and his love for me and his promise to be with me, I can always say, "It is well with my soul."
This isn't always easy, and so I love the fact that I can have a gentle reminder to carry with me through the day.
If you decide to get one, you can use the code SARA20 (expires May 12) to receive 20% off your order!
2) Write the Word journal- These beautiful journals provide a simple, manageable way to get into the Word on a daily basis. I currently have this one and this one on my wish list....(hint, hint, Mike, if you're reading this...), but I think the concept is pretty wonderful. Each day you are given a selection of scripture verses to write out with room to write down your prayers, thoughts or whatever God is teaching you. It seems like such a manageable way to connect with the Lord, especially when you struggle to find the time. I'm all about simple these days...
3) Artwork by Sereen Gualtieri- If you haven't had the joy of knowing the work of this artist, you should definitely visit her Etsy or Facebook page. She is a dear friend of mine, and her work is stunning. Through her work, she shares images that depict hope, women empowerment and redemption. With each purchase, 50% of the profits go toward helping child victims of human trafficking, both locally and globally. She has both original works and also prints of her work for sale on her Etsy shop, so there is something for every price range. We own a few of her pieces, and they brighten up our home so much.
4) Tea- I just love tea, so I had to include it. First and foremost, it's delicious. And I've found that the process of brewing loose leaf tea really helps me relax. My favorite tea right now is this Earl Grey Lavender tea from Rishi Tea. I mix it with a little cream and sugar and it makes a pretty awesome London Fog, if I do say so myself. If you don't know what a London Fog is, you should go look it up right now. If you're new to the world of loose leaf tea, Rishi Tea has everything you need to get started or I'm sure a local tea shop near you would be able to help you too. Here is is more tea by Marble & Milkweed currently on my wish list that looks lovely.
5) Social Print Studio- This is currently my favorite company to use for printing photos. They have spectacular prices, great quality, lots of options and the prints are made right here in the USA. Can't beat all that. So far, I've printed a bunch of mini prints that I'm hoping to put in a journal, but I think this or this would be a great gift option.
I just checked the website, and to get your gift in time for Mother's Day, you need to order by tomorrow, May 2!! So get on over there!
I hope you found these ideas helpful! If you have any other thoughts, ideas, suggestions for a good Mother's Day gift, please share in the comments!