Ideally, everyday is a day to remember what we are thankful for. But there are some days where it is especially difficult to gather up all of my blessings and count them. These are the days where I need to even more, and yesterday was one of those days.
I have this little notebook so that I can write down what I'm thankful for on a daily basis-got this idea from the book "One Thousand Gifts." I've been slacking off on this for a while, but have made a point to start back up again. Whenever I actually do this, it definitely helps to put me in a better mood and put things in perspective. So here is my most recent collection of thanks. Despite of how I was feeling, there is much to be thankful for.
- Evie sleeping really well last night.
- Stormy nights.
- Spending a couple of hours adventuring through IKEA with a dear friend.
- Baby smiles and general cuteness.
- My baby carrier- comes in handy in above mentioned IKEA adventuring and also quick trips to the grocery store.
- generous and caring parents
- God's patience and mercy when I choose so many things over Him. Over and over again.
- Watching Evie eat sweet potatoes. Cutest thing ever.
- The book, "A Million Little Ways" by Emily P. Freeman.
- Wise words spoken in truth and love.
- Stroller walks by the bay with another dear friend.
- Evie's jubilant rolling all around on the floor.
- God seeing me as worth much.
- Early evening sunlight.
So.... what are you thankful for?