Kinda crazy but true! We're having another baby!
We're definitely so excited to meet this new little person, but I have to say, I am a bit overwhelmed. I feel like I'm still figuring out this whole motherhood thing. I still feel like a complete newbie in almost every aspect. Except perhaps changing diapers. I think I've got that down pretty well.
This little pea came a bit earlier than we had expected, but he or she is such a blessing and we can't wait to meet this little someone who will be coming into the world in May.
There are still some things I'm a little nervous about, and I've complied a list:
- giving birth again
- stretch marks
- having an extremely angry newborn
- having a toddler and a newborn at the same time
- losing my mind along with my sleep
But there are things I'm really excited about too, and I've complied a list for them as well:
- Evie will have a brother or sister who is close in age with her
- snuggling a little newborn baby burrito
- maybe this one will look like me!
- seeing another little soul grow up
- ummm... new baby clothes (I'm sorry, but they are so cute I can't help it.)
- discovering what it will be like to be a family of four
- fuzzy new baby hair, assuming this baby has a full head of hair like Evie did
- tiny baby feet!
- watching fresh eyes take in the world
- witnessing all the learning and growing
It looks like all the good we have to look forward to outweighs all the fears. I'll try to keep that in mind as our due date approaches!
"Do not be anxious about anything but in everything, by prayer and petition with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." - Philippians 4:6-7