Evie, you are now almost 14 months old. You are so much fun right now, and somehow at the same time, you are driving me crazy. I love this precarious see-saw we totter on.
Here are some things that describe you right now:
- You take forever to eat. Forrrreeeevvvveeerrrrrrr (said like that kid from The Sandlot). I think to myself, Am I really still sitting here? Have I entered into the Twilight Zone? Because it cannot be possible that I am still sitting here feeding you dinner.
-You talk to yourself in your baby language, apparently crack jokes only you can understand, and then laugh at how funny you are. And then I end up laughing too because, well, you're just so cute.
- You are a walker!! AHH! Whenever I say that, I think of you being a little baby zombie wreaking havoc and trying to eat the couch...or taking a bite out of my arm. I guess I let The Walking Dead affect my brain too much...Anyway, we are so excited to have you walking (and actually your walk does resemble that of a zombie, minus the flesh decay and soul-less eyes). Every day you are becoming more skilled at this ancient art.
- You have been working on some dance skills, and might I say, they are getting pretty good. Sometimes when your toys play their silly but oh so catchy songs, you wave your arms around and bounce to the beat and get all excited. I can't even take it.
- Usually while you're eating, you enter into baby La-La Land. Your eyes widened and glaze over and you just stare. For a good while. And we just stare at you and giggle to ourselves as we say things like, Earth to Evie! or Helloo, what's it like up there in space?? And then we giggle to ourselves some more before you finally come to.
- You still get pretty shy around new people and even your grandparents. Hopefully we can work on this.
- If you had a resume, you could include Expert Fusser in your skills and accomplishments section. You are that good. I especially love how you see an opportune moment and seize it with gusto. Such as when I am attempting to cook something on the stove and your father isn't around and the oven is on and the food is burning and you are fussing away like a champ and grabbing my legs and pulling my shorts. Skills, girl. You got skills.
- You have discovered how to open the wooden cabinet that contains the DVDs. You have also discovered how to remove the DVDs and drop them onto the floor. You have not discovered how to put them back.
-You love bath time. Last night, before I put you in, you were so excited that you leaned yourself over the tub and reached so far for the water and the bubbles that your little feet were dangling off the floor. Also, now that you're so steady on your feet, you've decided to stand up in the bath and get super mad when I make you put your bottom down. Another thing we need to work on.
- You still only have four teeth. But we have faith in you.
- You love to open your board books by yourself and point to things on the pages. Peek-a-Who is still your favorite. It's definitely a classic.
We love you so much! All of your quirkiness included!